Professor of Industrial Engineering
- Tenured at the Cooperative State University of Baden-Wuerttemberg (DHBW) in Heidenheim, Germany.
Lectures on applied mechanics and the management of projects and innovations.
- Responsible for Technology Management at the Center for Advanced Studies (CAS) in Heilbronn, Germany.
- Honorary professorship at the Technical University Darmstadt (TUD) with a course on Sustainable Production and Recycling between 2000 and 2010
- Docteur de l’Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC) of the Sorbonne Universities at Paris, France.
- awarded the Prix de Thèse of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) for engineering sciences.
- Physicist after graduation from the German universities at Kiel (CAU) and Göttingen (GAU).
Experienced R&D-Manager for industrial production engineering
- Manager of research projects for Mercedes cars and trucks, Airbus, MTU Aero Engines and fuel cells.
- Manager of the research program for production and buildup at the Daimler AG (inc).
- Collaborative research projects in USA, France, Spain, Canada, Denmark.
- Numerous patents concerning products and production.
- Expertise in mineral processing and recycling, fuel cell manufacturing, precision cleaning, membrane separation technology, coating and pulverization, aircraft noise, photocatalysis, froth flotation, Reinforced plastics, composite material, easy-to-clean surfaces, continuous roll forming and more …
Expert on strategic and operative innovation management
- Management consulting on innovation and technology: K.Loehr(at)arcor.de
- Nonfiction author of “The Science of Innovation” De Gruyter, Berlin 2016
- Textbook author on mineral processing and recycling (“Aufbereitungstechnik“) Hanser, Munich 1995
- Speaker at conferences and Workshops, MIT IAP-Workshop, EU-Network WeMeSurf etc.
Shortcuts to some of my project results are available in the column to the left.